Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meghan is 2 and 1/2 years old!

I am totally cheating here and using photos from our recent trip to portrait simple for this post instead of pictures I took myself but thats how it goes sometimes. Additionally, this post is a bit late as it should have gone up on Jan 19th and it is not mid April and nearly time to write her next update. I'll try to keep to things that went on in January..but it is a little tricky to remember (which is why these updates are so important to me, I hate that I am so delayed!)
Sleeping: Nothing too different here. She naps from about 12-2 and goes to bed around 7:30 usually sleeping until around 6:30 or 7:00. The biggest issue is the incessant call backs at bed time. "Mom, my blanket keeps falling down", "I got tears" (which means she needs a wash cloth to dry her eyes, but God forbid you suggest she just hold on to the wash cloth), "I want the light on a little bit, not a big bit", "Colin is talking", " I need another hug and a kiss" etc. etc. etc. until someone looses their patience and we start taking "friends" (stuffed animals) away. Usually that does the trick, but this is a very annoying stage.

Likes:
  • Happy Birthdays. Meghan loves to discuss every ones birthdays. She will ask when her happy birthday is and we tell her August, then she moves on through just about everyone she knows, asking about when their happy birthdays are and trying to match people with other people who have birthdays in the same month. For example she will ask when Leo's happy birthday is and when I tell her August she says "Like ME?" and it goes on and on and on going back over the same people. It is very difficult to get her onto a new subject.
  • Rosie. She says it Rosie now instead of Sosie which I had forgotten about until I looked at her last update. She still wants her around whenever she is feeling tired, but we seem to be bringing her out with us less and less, but even if I have her with us Meg doesn't ask quite as much as she used to. Colin never really attached to anything quite as strongly so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
  • Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. This is a TV show on PBS. It is the spin off of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. It is a cute show and it is all Meghan ever wants to watch these days. She has even put in a birthday request for "Tigey" Daniel tigers lovie for her birthday..wouldn't you know they don't actually make one... this girl loves to find the hardest thing to ask for.
  • Eating. Still a very good eater! Even her teachers remark about what a good little eater she is. Her lunch bag always comes back empty, even when I am intentionally over packing her. She definitely prefers hot lunches over sandwiches but I can usually get her to eat an "Elmo sandwich" thanks to an elmo shaped sandwich cutter once or twice a week. 
  • Elmo. I am not a huge elmo fan myself but Meg will occasionally ask for something with Elmo on it. I think it started from a friends birthday party since Elmo came to the party.

Dislikes:
  • Not being able to do things herself. If she could Meghan would do everything for herself but she just isn't coordinated enough yet to manage dressing herself completely (she definitely tries hard!). She gets frustrated which generally leads to screaming at the top of her lungs.. I'm not a huge fan of that behavior, particularly if I happen to be sitting with her to help her with her shoes. 
  • Buttons. See Above. Buttons are her nemesis.
  • Being woken up from a nap. There are days when we have to go pick up Colin and Meghan hasn't "napped out" yet so I have to wake her up. She hates it, and often asks to be put back in her crib. Such is life for the second child I suppose. 

New and Notable:

  • Talk Talk Talk! She is very chatty. Even my sister was shocked by how much she talks, which is saying something because my nephew is also very chatty. She is 99% understandable (for me at least) now and improving more and more all the time.. 
  • "Sget" or in english "forget". I love the stage of mispronounced words. 
  • All her teeth are now in. I am so glad to be out of the teething stage. That's worth jumping for joy!

1 comment:

Grandma Mo said...

So pretty, sweet and happy!!